The following is a message from Decatur Elementary’s Childcare and Club provider, KidsCo.
Dear Decatur Families,
Welcome to the start of the new school year! We are excited to continue to be a part of the Decatur community. Below is club registration and information for the upcoming Fall club session at Decatur. Please take the time to read the information below as it will help with this process.
For starters, all of the club information is communicated through the PTA website. Kids Co. does not post anything on our child care website. If you are not signed up for the PTA emails, I would recommend doing so as we send out communication through the PTA email as well. On the PTA website you will find the club descriptions, prices and the club schedule.
Registration will open on Monday, September 11th at 8:00am. However, forms will be available for families the Friday before so there is ample time to fill it out over the weekend. If you turn in forms before 8:00am on Monday, they will go to the bottom of the pile for that day. We will NOT accept forms before that time. Please let me know if you have any questions around this.
The actual registration form is a writeable PDF. All families should either be able to fill it out on their computer or print off a copy and turn it in that way. To turn in the form, please email it over to OSTdecatur@kidscompany.org . . You should receive an auto reply saying we received the form and will let you know about placement in the club. Kids Co. will send out a separate confirmation email by the end of the first week of registration. If your child has been waitlisted for a class, we will email families as soon as possible so that any necessary changes can be made.
Registration will run for two weeks and end on Friday, September 22nd at 6:00pm. Any forms received after this time will be put on a waitlist and we will contact families once we know about placement.
Lastly, please fill out the Kids Co. drop in form. We need this information before your child can attend club.
To register, please follow these steps:
- Go to the PTA website and click on the Before/After School Care and Clubs tab.
- Once you know which classes you would like to sign your child up for, download the registration form to your device.
- Fill out the registration form and the desired classes.
- Save the PDF to your device before sending it over. It will come back to us blank if you do not save it.
- Once sent, you should receive an auto-reply stating we have received your forms and will be in touch as soon as possible.
- If your child has been waitlisted, we will email you by the end of the day letting you know they did not make it into the desired class and what number on the waitlist they are.
- Confirmations will be sent out by the end of the first week for clubs.
- Please fill out the Kids Co. drop in form. as well. This needs to be once per school year so that we have emergency and contact information for children participating in the club.
Clubs will begin on Monday, October 2nd. Morning clubs run from 7:50-8:50. We ask that families drop off and sign their child in, in the designated space for the club. Please do not send your child in unattended as children are not supposed to be left unsupervised, especially if an instructor shows up late or has to cancel the class last minute.
After school clubs will all meet in the outdoor covered play court (attached to the gym) directly after school. Once signed in, instructors will take students to the designated space where we ask that students are picked up after club is over. Clubs will run in the afternoon from 2:30-5:00pm.